Even The Weather Channel Crew Tried to Evacuate During Hurricane Michael. Then They Changed Their Minds
Hurricane Michael Is the Third Most Powerful Storm to Ever Hit the U.S. Mainland
At Broken Light Collective, a community of artists thousands strong support one another in using photography to cope with mental illness.
(BAILEY) — Martin Wirth spent recent years fuming over police brutality and corrupt mortgage companies, fueled by his own run-ins with the law and a long battle to save from foreclosure his two-story home in the Colorado mountains. That fight came to a violent end Wednesday when the 58-year-old shot three law enforcement officers trying…
Apple filed a legal motion Feb. 25 rejecting the government’s request to help it access data on a password-protected iPhone used by a deceased terrorism suspect. A federal judge ordered Apple on Feb. 16 to help the Federal Bureau of Investigation bypass the iPhone’s password protections. The company signaled its intent to refuse the judge’s…
A Canadian man who was caught trying to smuggle 38 turtles into the country in 2014 has been banned from owning them for 10 years. Dong Yan of Windsor, Ontario, carried the turtles in plastic bags taped to his legs and tried to enter Canada through the Niagara border crossing, Reuters reported. He was convicted…
Now we know what Tom Brady has been up to in his offseason down time. The New England Patriots quarterback shared a video to Facebook on Thursday introducing his new puppy Fluffy to the world. In the clip, Brady stands on a rock with his other two dogs gathered around him and raises Fluffy in…
The Arctic Ice arrives at my doorstep.
A cold fog blows in the distance.
The Ridgetown stays quiet on the lake.
The ducks are huddled together, heads down low.
My body shivers, but looking out onto the icy landscape, my soul slowly warms.
The sun brings a touch of brilliance and solitude to a frigid day.
© 2014 Ann Ivy Male
- As of January 13, 2014, a total of 9 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Heidelberg have been reported from Tennessee.
- Two (22%) of 9 ill persons have been hospitalized, and no deaths have been reported.
- All of the ill persons were incarcerated at a single correctional facility located in Tennessee.
- Epidemiologic and traceback investigations conducted by Tennessee and federal officials indicate that consumption of Tyson brand mechanically separated chicken is the likely source of the outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg infections at the Tennessee correctional facility.
- On January 10, 2014, Tyson Foods, Inc. recalled approximated 33,840 pounds of mechanically separated chicken products that may be contaminated with Salmonella Heidelberg.
- Institutions that purchased recalled chicken products should not serve them.
- The recalled products were not available for consumer purchase in retail stores.
Tyson Foods, Inc. is recalling approximately 33,840 pounds of mechanically separated chicken products that may be…
View original post 150 more words